Cycle for Life 2018!
Cycle for Life is an annual event raising funds and awareness for Cancer Support France.
It is a low-level, fun and leisurely ride (definitely not a race!) for all ages and abilities. You do not need to be an experienced cyclist.
Our route 'Entre Deux Mers' takes us through some fantastic scenery from the Atlantic coast, along the Canal de Garonne, through Bordeaux, Toulouse and Carcassonne and the Canal du Midi to the town of Marseillan Plage on the mediterranean coast. In our route plan for each day we have allowed plenty of time for lunch and refreshment stops.
You can take part in one or more sections of the route, please just register to let us know to expect you.
We'll be updating this website with accommodation options and other details as our plans progress - please also keep an eye on our Facebook event page for updates!
Once registered, you'll receive a Participant Pack and we'll keep you informed with further information about start/finish points and suggested lunch stops and accommodation options.
For anyone travelling with luggage, CSF volunteers will be on hand to help transport bags between start points, and support drivers can help you to/from nearby accommodation at the end or the start of each day.
Whatever your motivation to take part - our aim is to make this a fantastic and fun experience to be remembered!
'Entre Deux Mers'
Our route for 2018 is the most ambitious challenge yet!
We'll be cycling 590km from the Atlantic to Mediterranean coast in just 11 days.
However, if you are not confident in the saddle or you are unable to join us for the full route, it's not a problem! There is no obligation to take part in the full event, you can register for just one or several days and support a very worthwhile campaign. Here are the dates and distances so you can find those that are most appropriate for you.
- Saturday 19 May: Royan - Blaye (81km)
- Sunday 20 May: Blaye - Bordeaux (47km)
- Monday 21 May: Rest day (Bordeaux)
- Tuesday 22 May: Bordeaux - La Réole (69km)
- Wednesday 23 May: La Réole - Agen (78km)
- Thursday 24 May: Agen - Montech (70km)
- Friday 25 May: Montech - Toulouse (47km)
- Saturday 26 May: Toulouse - Castelnaudary (48km)
- Sunday 27 May: Castelnaudary - Carcassonne (39km)
- Monday 28 May: Rest day (Carcassonne)
- Tuesday 29 May: Carcassonne - Le Somail (58km)
- Wednesday 30 May: Le Somail - Agde (58km)
- Thursday 31 May: Agde - Marseillan Plage - Agde (21km)